Want to know an alternative to making tea without heating up your kitchen? It’s simple, use the sun! As the summer weather comes around, the temperature could reach a peak of 100 degrees or higher!
For this recipe, glass is preferred over plastic for brewing sun tea. Glass is perfect for a few reasons.
- Glass withstands high temperatures & it allows for sunlight to begin the oxygenation process that eventually brews the tea.
- Glass is best used to keep food and drinks fresher for longer. Using glass will ensure you get the same bold, yet smooth flavor you know and love!
- Lastly, glass is reusable and exclusively natural; it can be recycled indefinitely without losing quality or purity.
If you’re looking for a wide selections of glass containers. Amazon has some great selections of containers for tea/beverage infusions. While you’re browsing Amazon for the perfect glass container, don’t forget to check out our Amazon store page to stock up on Tejava® tea bags!
Once you’ve gotten everything you need, check out how to make Tejava® Sun Tea below:
- Place 8 Tejava Tea Bags Tea Bags into a gallon container.
- Fill the container with 1 gallon of water and cap.
- Now let the sun do its job! Place the container outside directly under sunlight. If necessary, move the container to keep it under the sun.
- When the tea has reached its desired strength, remove it from the sun. At this point you can remove or keep the tea bags in the tea before placing the container into the fridge.
- Once cold, serve and enjoy!