Celebrate National Mint Julep Day with this refreshing Sparkling Iced Tea Mint Julep
Ingredients for syrup
¼ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup water
Ingredients for sparkling iced tea mint julep
8 ounces Crystal Geyser lime sparkling water
3 ounces Tejava original black tea
½ lime (cut into wedges)
1 sprig mint leaves
2 ounce bourbon/rum (alcohol option)*
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar and water. Bring to a boil, stirring, until sugar has dissolved. Allow to cool. Set aside the simple sugar syrup.
- Take a tall glass, add lime wedges, and mint leaves.
- Add 2 ounces (or less, as desired) of prepared simple syrup to glass.
- Muddle the lime mint mixture using muddler or back of a spoon.
- Once the mixture is muddled well, add ice cubes.
- Add Tejava original black tea. Fill the glass with sparkling water. Garnish with mint leaves and serve immediately.
Notes: *Add 2 ounces of bourbon/rum for an alcoholic version.